Presentation Session at Surgical Instruments Manufacturers Association of Pakistan (SIMAP)
In a bid to promote to promote Health & Beauty exhibitions to our Surgical, Dental and Beauty Instruments manufacturers and exporters, our 4 member team from the Sales & Marketing Department traveled to Sialkot last month for a presentation session. Several Executive Committee Members along with other SIMAP members were present. A total of 33 companies were in attendance for the session.
Topic of Presentation: Upcoming opportunities to explore new markets for Surgical & Beauty Instruments Exporters
Presenter: Ms. Nazia Parveen – Sales Manager
Date: 8th November 2018, Monday
Time: 11:00 pm – 01:00 pm
Venue: SIMAP office, Sialkot
The presentation covered upcoming export opportunities in markets like USA, UK, Turkey and Netherlands and offered the attendees to participate in the best International trade shows in these regions. The exhibitions in focus were:
- World of Private Label, Chicago and Amsterdam
- ExpoMed Eurasia, Turkey
- Spring & Autumn Fair, UK
Before the presentation, there was also a Workshop session which covered briefly tips and pointers for exhibitors on “Things to do in order to participate in Trade Shows”, conducted by Ms. Faryal Iftikhar (Marketing Manager). The session ended with constructive Question and Answer session presided by the Chairman (SIMAP) with Mr. Zeeshan Ahmed, Head of Sales & Marketing, Eventage.
Suggestions made by attendees:
The interested companies were concerned regarding some facilities to be provided to them on the venue which will add value to their participation and draw more traffic to the Pakistan Pavilion. The suggestions are as follows:
- Buyer delegation meetings at pavilion
- Prominent pavilion location
- Attractive pavilion design
- Support from Government for new exporters
- Industry insights for each market
- Partial payment method for small companies in who apply for Government subsidy
- Should announce subsidy with two different rates, like for 9 and 6 sqm stand.
- Subsidy cost should also include branding, advertising, SMS or email marketing specifically for Pakistani companies, this offer should specially be for the new regions.
- Should suggest a complete marketing and travel pack, specially for new regions.
Award of Appreciation:
At the end of the session, an award of appreciation was presented to the Chairman Mr. Khalil Ur Rehman by Team Eventage to acknowledge his services in support of the industry.
A brief introduction of SIMAP:
The Surgical Instruments Manufacturers Association of Pakistan established in 1950, currently has 3900 members firms engaged in manufacturing of Surgical Instruments to meet the export commitments in the International Market. The value of exports of surgical instruments for the financial year 2016-17 is USD 358 million. More info: www.simap.org.pk
We can hold a training session, or a seminar for your industry as well. Contact us and we will plan a presentation according to your requirements.